Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bedrest, sort of

A few weeks ago my doc put me on bedrest, modified bedrest. He said I could still be up and around and run a few errands, but nothing strenuous or stressful. I had noticed that my heartrate would skyrocket for no reason, which is what caused the bedrest decision. Being 5 weeks away from my due date at the time, it was not an ideal situation for me.

So far they have done 3 biophysical profiles (ultrasounds, basically) and non stress tests  on the baby. Doctor wants to make sure my heart issue isn't negatively affecting baby. Good news, she is PERFECTLY fine! So, the issue is me. I also go in for an echocardiogram (probably didn't spell that right!) today to take a look at my heart to make sure there isn't a bigger issue than just the problem of my heart racing. My doctor wants to make sure that labor wouldn't pose a problem for me. IF they find cause for concern, than we would have a scheduled c-section. We'll see what happens today.

In the meantime, I am sittting at home. Having the time of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment