Friday, October 21, 2011

It's the little things...

Doctor appointment day!!!!! Favorite day of the week! This also means that I get to leave work early and that I got to drive myself to work. While I appreciate saving money with the Rideshare van...it is sometimes nice to have a car to myself with my own music playing :) Looking forward to hearing miss Hallie's heartbeatand hopefully find out if my doc wants to schedule another ultrasound in a few weeks or not. My crap insurance won't pay for it, but I would love to see her little face again :)
I will also find out if I can quit poking my dang finger to check my glucose numbers everyday or not. So far I have been pretty normal, which has perplexed my doctor since I failed both of my gestational diabetes tests. Straaaange! I do have to watch what I eat a little bit, but my body certainly hasn't been acting like someone who has this. Something else that has my doctor scratching his head is my white blood cell count - which is "slightly elevated". They did a blood test and sent it to be looked at by a hemotoligist to take a closer look. He said everything looks fine. Which is strange also. As my doctor put it, "congrats, you don't have leukemia". Ummmm, thanks? They are saying it's nothing to worry about as it is only a slight elevation, and my blood cells look just fine, but if it doesn't return to normal after delivery I think that it might warrant a second opinion.

I am getting excited for my baby shower next Saturday with all my family. A BIG thanks goes to my sister for putting everything together and planning it. I know she has a busy busy schedule this time of the year and it was great that we could find a free Saturday that would work for us! I can't wait to see everyone!

Side note: I need to remind myself that wearing orange is not a good idea. I bought a maternity shirt at Target last night, which happens to be orange. It wasn't until I got to work this morning and looked in the mirror that I realized I resemble a pumpkin. No joke. Oh well, i'll still wear it since I am desperate for clothes that fit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment