Tuesday, March 26, 2013

That stings.

I had an interesting conversation last night. Without going into major details I feel like I need to get my feelings out. Pretty certain that all of my blog "readers" will know who this is about.

Apparently I am a bad mom who can't handle my child. And my husband is the one who has to do everything because I just can't handle it. Therefore, I shouldn't be allowed to babysit, ever.
This little ditty here wasn't even meant for me to have heard, but It slipped out in coversation that someone said this about me.

Most things I can just let roll in one ear and out the other. This one cuts a little deep. I went to sleep thinking about it and woke up thinking about it. I am certain there is no truth to this. Seriously, who says something like this? Hurt people, that's who. My dear sister always says that hurt people, hurt people. So much truth to this.  This is reason #1 why I have set boundaries with this person - because this person constantly puts me in a state of anxiety and hurt feelings. I have made a conscience effort to be nice and put things in the past but it seems as though i'm still being bashed behind my back when I have done nothing wrong. I am certain I have done nothing to deserve this trash talk.

"Oh Father give me strength to forgive them, because I feel like the one losing!" - Best song in the world.

2 comments:

  1. The truth is, is that you are a wonderful mother (and person to boot). This person is jealous that you are such a great mom! In fact, you are probably one of the more selfless mama's out there. You spend every second with H when you aren't at work. And anyone who knows you, also knows this. Love you and remember like I said last night...she is jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes....hurt people, hurt people. Let it roll and remember that we love you always!

    ReplyDelete