Monday, January 28, 2013

"I will wait, I will wait for you"

I walk into work today and the first thing waiting for me is an email from the human resources recruiter here at work saying that I haven't been chosen to even get a first interview for a job I applied for.
A job that would have basically been a lateral move for me - same pay, pretty much same scale of responsibilities. I applied because it would open more doors for me from where I am at. But apparently my "skills" don't match what they want. Interesting.

Icing on the cake, really. and I had a small, ugly cry at my desk before 7:30 this morning.

I should probably change my perspective about things, but I am feeling like life is kind of slapping us in the face lately. The list of 'things' keeps growing. Money is beyond tight and my patience are running thin.
I need to remember that I'm not in control of this life, God is. I'm trying to control everything and I really shouldn't. I'm ready to see the silver lining.

Today is going to be so busy at work...my phone is already ringing off the hook and there are 4 people gone. On a team of only 13, that's a big hit. It's Monday and the work is piling in. Time to pull it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment