Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pipe down.....

I follow Kristen's blog at First Name Smith. She is funny! Always posting stuff that others would never say. She is also the person that I have ordered invitations from for Halle's birthday party and for a baby shower that i'm hosting!
I read her post this morning titled "Pipe The Fuck Down".

Let me preface this by saying that the Carson family is on the fence about having another child - but leaning toward having two.

Here is a direct quote from her blog entry:
"What I chose to do with my own uterus and my husbands nuts are none of anyone's business. And to be so narrow minded to assume that my child is going to "suffer" because he doesn't have a 24/7 playmate?  Or suggest that he's going to be a selfish little prick because he has our undivided attention? You think I don't know how to discipline? How about you come over at 2, 3, 4, 5 am for 2 1/2 years straight? And then pay for my daycare at $190 a week. And then work full time and have incredible mom guilt for not being the one to teach my son how to count to 20. And only have 3 hours a day during the work week to get in quality time. And then divide that in half for a second child and then in thirds for a 3rd child. "
 
That last part about mom guilt really struck me. So glad that other people get it too! Staying home isn't an option for me and having a second child isn't an option right now either. I have heard countless times "you will NEVER have enough money for two!!!!" Right. But there is also a fine line between not "having" enough money and not being able to make the mortgage payment. While I don't owe an explaination to anyone, let me just say that it's tough to run on $1.67 between paychecks (some weeks) now that the government is taking more money out for taxes each month.
 
Don't get me wrong, this isn't a pity party of one here this morning.......her blog simply struck a note with me and I wanted to share. I don't mind having the second child talk with my family and close friends, but when people that I'm not close with want to try and tell me how to run my family I get annoyed.
 
Stay tuned for SO WHAT WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment